Saturday 14 June 2008

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL.......


WHY CANT I JUST KEEP YOU ALL ??????

Ever had this dilemna? Too many mirrors, not enough wall space??? LOL.
Thats me right now. Woe is me.

So here they are, my 3 gorgeous mirrors that are causing all my sadness *sniff sniff*
Someone pass me another tissue please.

#1 This huge old dressing table mirror was the bargain of the century for me. I paid $5.oo for it at a gargage sale! WooHoo, you shoulda seen me run to the car with it before the lady realised what a huge mistake she'd just made ...LOL.....hang on, just getting a mental image of me running with this huge mirror...ahh yes, pretty darn funny.
This one IS going on the main wall in our front room. I have even had the light fitting removed...just waiting for an able bodied male to hang it for me....waiting waiting.....big hole in the wall...waiting, still waiting....



#2 Another bargain at $25.00. You might remember this gorgeous one, it was gold. I wasnt going to paint it but it had a bit of a 'mishap' so it had to be painted. I rubbed it back and left all the chips and cracks in it. I REALLY want to keep this one....just have to find some wall...somewhere....Right now its the centre piece on my Dining Table (hmm may even leave it there).



#3 Ok, so a gal must be brave and make the decision that one definately has to
go.....sad i know, parting is such sweet sorrow.. but it has to be done. Oh such a cruel, cruel world....
Yes, this gorgeous mirror mantle is listed on EBAY right now.... I wish someone would hurry up and buy it, its making me so sad every time i walk past it !
(Go on Mands you know you want to ! LOL.)


So you see my HUGE dilemna? Ohmygosh, how much can a girl bear?
It's all just too much for me. I may have to go pour a glass (or 2..hicc hicc) of wine to settle my nerves.

Lots of Pink Kisses.....
Shann xx

20 comments:

Connie said...

Okay, little chick, I just want to know what kind of camera you have or what you do to get such "light filled" photos??? OR is it that Australian sunshine???? They are spectacular! Wish I could get mine that lovely.

Smoochies,
Connie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hey Connie ! AHAA, trick photography! No not really, its actually just that front room, the light just floods in there from every angle, its awesome. So yep i guess its just the lovely old Aussie sunshine, LOL. Oh and a good photographer too of course...hee hee.
Smoochies back to you!

xo

candy said...

Shannon!!!
Thank you so much for the comments on my blog. You are so sweet!!
I ***LOVE*** your blog. I have it added to my bloglines so that I never miss a post. Its just beautiful!!!!
You are so sweet. I just love you to pieces.
Big hugs all the way from Canada,
Candy
xoxox

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Shann,
I see we suffer from the same illness..... 'partingitis'. You know that affliction when you can't possibly part with your treasures even though you know there is no where to put them.

If you find a remedy, let me know cause I have a house lot that needs to go... lol

Hugs,
Kerryanne

nbeltane said...

shan you know if i could get that mirror to WA i would.

love the other mirrors too. off to check out what you have on your website. i know im broke but you know me im addicted LOL..

Linda said...

Hi Shannon,
Love all the mirrors, if only I lived closer. I have the opposite problem,I'm at the moment trying to collect some pretty mirrors to make a mirror wall.
Cheers Linda

Unknown said...

Wow, those mirrors are beautiful! How lucky you are to having a living room filled with so much light. I would just soak it all up if I could!

Unknown said...

Oh Shannon, believe me, I understand!!!! I have too much stuff on my walls because I love everything! Your mirrors are beautiful and I wouldnt want to part with any of them either :(

Love you,
Amy

Rosa said...

Hi Shannon,
You're very funny!.
I can feel your pain all the way here. You are facing a very big dilemma indeed!. All three mirrors are keepers, I know, me saying that doesn't help you any.
Take care,
Rosa

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Mirror Mirror on the wall....
Who is the silliest of them all????
Why Shannon is! te-hee!

You silly goose...there is always room for one more pretty mirror!
Did you carry it into every room and try it on every wall?
What about Sams room....I think he would love a pretty mirror to look at his cutie pie face in and hang his action heros from!!!!

I wish I could afford to have it shipped here...I have a wall for it!

Cherry Hugz,
Dolly

P.S. it's so ironic that you post about mirrors when I was just out taking pictures of my garden for Deenas' garden tour and I took pictures of the mirrors I use in the garden!
Come see tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow, but you will be okay. I think there might be therapy for overindulgence in mirror buying. LOL!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

I really like the middle oval one it's too cute!! Much better white!!But then arent most things!!Nothing's safe around here!
Mands

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Shann~
Go to Janet's site - I've seen you there at Shabbyfufu, she ships it internationally - or she's on my side bar too!

Let me know if she's run out (but I doubt it) and I'll send you a copy ;)

Run, don't walk!
xoxo~Tracie

our shabby cottage said...

I have always loved your work and now love your blog. I love the shutters idea for keeping your favourite things on and yep, I love mirrors too.... Kathryn.

Gail McCormack said...

I love mirrors too Shann, I just don't like looking into them, I group them, you can have masses on one wall, what an excuse to keep them!

Unknown said...

Love your mirrors Shannon. They really are so pretty. Hope you are having a good week!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

I dont know how you can bear it Shannon ,i have seen them first hand and they are all to die for.
Its aterrible lovely dilemna ,good luck with your mission.

Kelly said...

Those mirrors are divine! I too have a whole lot of mirrors waiting to be hung on my mirror wall.

Kelli

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

My parents have banned me from buying any more mirrors for my bottom draw as they're taking over!!!

Victoria xx

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.