Thursday 22 May 2008

Welcome To My Home

Todays the day. It's Marina @ Only cute Things, Virtual Party.' What do you love about your home?'
You can show all of your home, one room, or something special in your home that means alot to you.

Like most of us, theres a million things i love about my home and a million things i hate as well. But what i love most are the people in it. So im going to show you parts of my home that are close to my heart because of the people in it and the people i know and love..

Sams bedroom is my favourite room. Its where he tells me the news every day (sometimes about 20 times a day)while he sits at his desk..and where we snuggle up at night while i read to him. Then we turn the light out and lay down and i sing him 'our songs'. You Are My Sunshine' and 'Close To You' by The Carpenters. I've sung these to him since he was a baby.

People always say that the hub of the home is the kitchen. For me this is probably very true. Especially when mum pops in on her way home from work. This is where we end up chatting...mum on one of the chairs and me standing by the sink there...its just always been that way.....its our
chit chat spot.

My bed. Its where i can finally collapse at the end of the day and snuggle with my man *wink*

Oh and usually the 4 cats who are asleep on there too...LOL.
Like this one. My Scampy cat :)

I also love the Star i bought for Shane and I from the International Star Registry as a surprise Wedding Present.

Im also loving this fabric from Urban Gardens and have covered some favourite chairs/footstools with it for my home.
PLUS im totally LOVING the gorgeous rug they are on! Given to me by my Mummsy and Stepdad just coz they love me! I know i know, how awesome and gorgeous are they!

Last but not least.....
My phones...where i catch up on the lives of everyone i love so much. If you look closely at my mobile you can see a message from my sweet friend Mandii telling me last week to put 60 Minutes on, on my TV (Shannon Noll was on) ahh she knows me so well :)

And then theres my computer...without it i wouldnt have met you all. And for that i am truly greatful and feel truly blessed.


Yes it's nice to have beautiful things in your home but what makes a house a home is the people (and furry babies) in it....the love, laughter and memories they create.
If all my posessions were gone tomorrow i would still have the things that are most important in my home and my heart...the people i love :)


Now go get your tissues, wipe your eyes, and then hop on by and visit some more gorgeous gals and their homes!

Thanks Marina for hosting this. Ive had a ball !

Lots of Pink Kisses being blown your way....

Shann xxoo

28 comments:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

I will be the first to comment...I am up late! Love your home and your sweet words too! You are such a doll :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable as always!!! Just like you your home totally matches you babes!!
Oh and yes Isnt Shannon Noll a honey!! Hmmm hmm yummo!!! Your super lucky though you get to share a name with him!!
Hugs always hope you are feeling better!!
mands
Ps Im going to do some Blog hopping!!

Unknown said...

Pleased to see you are at the other end of the mood scales this blog, and your pics are lovely...that last blog had me all worked up too, they mustnt have a life, is all I can say!
Sue

Unknown said...

hi, i came over from Marina's blog, isnt it wonderful to connect with so many in a single post.

lovely lovely house :)

Unknown said...

hi, i came over from Marina's blog, isnt it wonderful to connect with so many in a single post.

lovely lovely house :)

steviewren said...

I agree with you, it is the people that make a house a home. My kiddies are grown and have homes of their own now. But I still find them in each room. So maybe memories make a house a home also.

Thanks for the tour in pink. My favorite color is red.

Mya said...

I love your take on the home. This was abeautiful post and I totally agree with you.
-Mya

Unknown said...

Your home is lovely, I love all the pink. Karen

Unknown said...

This is the most beautiful post Shannon. I love Sam's little room and the Peter Rabbit comforter!!!! your kitchen is so sweet, I love the colors and all the special details. Your home is just lovely and I can see why you are so happy there with your beautiful family!

love ya,
Amy

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Great post & lovely home! I love how you started the tour w/ where your heart is! Cami

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

A lovely post...

My mum calls our kitchen her office and since a child I've always jumped up on the side next to the seat and watched while she washes up!

Victoria xx

CIELO said...

Love your vintage charming kitchen, and your pink beddings.... Just charming.

Enjoy the party!

cielo

SILVIA said...

me encanto el estilo romantico que tienes decorado ¡¡muy lindo¡¡
besitos

Jorgelina said...

hermoso!!!
Los colores pasteles son muy femeninos.
Un saludo desde Argentina

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is pink, everything are beautifuls.
Bye, Ángela

Anonymous said...

Hi Shann,
Oh I have never seen your kitchen before, it's adorable, makes me want to sit down and catch up on the latest with a cup of coffee. I am so bummed that your shelf sold before I had a chance to buy it. It was beautiful but I am glad you sold it so quickly, good for you!!

I loved your post today.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

El rincòn de mi niñez said...

Hello
they enchant the colors to Me, very smooth, transmit tenderness and peace.
The kitchen is beautiful
a great kiss from Argentinean and we follow in the celebration of Marina

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Your home is so beautiful Shannon and your word about your family so sweet. You are truly blessed!
Hugs,
Barbara

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Shann,
All the things in your home are beautiful but it is the love that you put into your home that makes it special.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

cecilmil said...

wow your home is so beautiful, I especilly love you ornaments.
hugs cecilmil

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Shann, Love all the things you shared about your home in this post! Your kitchen is so pink & FUN, the heart pillow (& all the others) on your bed is yummy, but oh how I'm coveting that rug!!!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Julie L. Light said...

I love your beautiful shabby chic home...pink is my favorite color! Love the photo of your little kitty , too!

have a fabulous day!
Julie

Unknown said...

Hello! I love your blog and I love pink too! And cats! and Roses! LOL! What fun we are having jumping around the world! I think you paint very prettily!
Hugs,
Liv

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,

I love your home, your kitchen is so pretty and hey we have the same phone and same color. Who would have thought, pink??? LOL Have a good one girl!

Anonymous said...

that was a wonderful post shann... =) hugs to you!!! debbie

Pearl said...

Hi Shann... What fun to take a lil peek into your home! Everything was just as pretty as I imagined it would be. Sure can tell it's filled with alot of love! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us.

~hugs~
Pearl

Connie said...

Ooooh my gosh, I love LOVE LoVe that pink kitchen!!! If only I could get hubby to let me paint my cabinets pink I'd think I'd died and gone to "Pink Heaven." WOW.....really cute home, sweetpea!
Connie

Brittany said...

AAcckkk!! I love love love your kitchen!! Your home is beautiful darling! This was a beautiful post!

xoxo,
Brittany