Sunday 6 July 2008

Let them eat cake !!

Well, cupcakes anyway.
Oh and actually you cant eat them.
Ooops sorry !

But you know when you are sitting up late at night and that creating bug just hits you BIG TIME...you NEED to make something, your mind is racing....you surround yourself with 'stuff' to begin something FANTASTIC. Well thats me most of the time...not too sure about the fantastic part but...ANYHOO after 3 days in the bush i was just DYING to 'fiddle' with my craft supplies. I sat at my desk staring at everything (as we do) and waiting...waiting for the penny to drop....what to make......i havent felt like painting lately (and when i dont feel like it i just dont try because i know i will end up with a pile of garbage...so i let it go till im ready)....So all of a sudden i felt the urge..TO MAKE FAUX CUPPIES. I havent made any for a few months so im thinking geez do i have everything????
Oh YEP, everything and more actually.
So thats what i did for a few hours.
Even Shane walked in the room and looked at me weird and said "Umm youre making cupcakes???" Yes i know, at 10 o'clock at night its weird...but just go with the flow ok honey.

And heres my sweet treats now.....click on the image to see them up close wont you :)
Unfortunately the photos arent bringing up the 'sparkle and faux sugar' on the roses...but take my word for it, they look super pretty!



I did some new pale pink leaves too, instead of just green, i think i will make coloured leaves my new thing...who says leaves have to be green anyway?
Some will be headed to my Website and some to Ebay.

I also have another project to finish.
This gorgeous old dressing table that ive painted white since i took this pic. Just have to put the pink glass knobs on tomorrow and off she goes for sale.


Well i have sooooo much blog hopping to do later on tonight that i guess it will be a late one for me again.
Im off now to make Sam and i a hot milo and to play dinosaurs apparantly *grin*

Se you all at your blogs soon!

Love and Pink Kisses,
Shann xx

24 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

No I can't say I get the urge to create at night!
Love your cuppies....so so so pretty

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Shannon,
glad to hear that you had a great few days away. Nothing like a change of scenery eh? Love the new cupcakes. They look beautiful! The rings are going to be added this week if your still interested!
BFN, Kathryn. XX

Sally said...

YUMMY - gosh, they look good enough to eat, but I guess that might crack a tooth or two!! Really beautiful, Shannon.

So glad you had a great getaway! Love the pictures!!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Shann,
Those cupcakes are beautiful - I love the pale greens and pinks and .... it all!
The dresser is just lovely - wish I lived closer, I'd scoop that baby up.
Hope you had fun playing dinosaurs ;)
Glad you're back, sweetie!
xo~Tracie

Stacy said...

Love your site! I found it a week ago and check back almost every day! Love the cupcakes! Any tips on how to make them? I have been looking online and tried a few methods that all ended up in a pile of goo... Any suggestions on good readings? Links? I would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Stacy

Kerrie said...

Hi Shannon, thanks for dropping by and your kind invitation for me to visit. It has been a pleasure!

Thank you for your kind thoughts too, over the passing of my family members,there are days that are worst than others and I know that this is normal...

How divine are your cupcakes!! SRUMPTIOUS!!! I would be salivating all the time..hee hee!!

Bartertown a place to visit in my books LOVE the whole look..

This blogging world how wonderful it is and too find kindered souls close to home is a BONUS!

Your time away was that at Lake Lyle near Lithgow? if not it reminded me of it..
Anyway your photo shows the desperate need of rain over the catchment area, to see the water level so low is just and eye opener to any place. :(

I will be back~a great visit indeed.:)

((Kerrie))

Alison Gibbs said...

Cute cupcakes Shannon.
the dressing table will be so pretty when it's finished
Have a great week
Alison

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi Pretty Pink lady!
I am going to get a tummy ache if I eat all those goodies..I have been eating so much sweets lately. It is a good thing yours are fake. They look pretty enough to eat though.
Do you use a roller brush for your furniture? I can never figure out the best way...mine always looks like poo!
Ta Ta for now ;0)

candy said...

Love that pretty dresser!! Such a nice mirror with it. Love it!
Those cupcakes are so sweet! I love them!! I especially love the pale pink icing ones with the white rose...so beautiful! I havent been feeling myself the last couple days, a bit down/sick-ish, but those made me smile, so pretty! Im going to go look at your websites now soon.
Hugs
C

Pearl said...

Hi Sweet Shann... I'm just ~swooning~ over those awesome cuppie cakes you make! Your talents are endless!!

I hope you and Sam had fun playing dinosaurs... Rawrrrrrr!

I'm off to read more... God bless...

~huggggggs~

Pearl

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Shan,
I'm glad to hear I am not the only one that sits up late at night creating. Sometimes I find this the most prodcutive time of day...the kids are in bed, hubby is watching TV and the world outside is nice and quiet.

There are worse things we could be doing!!!!
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Shannon ,Love the cupcakes,the colors are very pretty.I also love pinks and dusty roses.That dresser is fantastic.You do such good work.Your blog rocks.Marie Antionette

Anonymous said...

Hi Shann,

I too often get the urge to create or rearrange my furniture at night so I know where you are coming from. Is it just my imagination or are your cupcakes getting cuter and cuter???

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Wow! Luv those cupcakes! Enjoyed your post below as around here, we only see buffalo or cows! I guess I did see a coyote the other day. I would much rather come across a kangaroo! Sam is so cute. Debbie is a good name for a kangaroo!

Donna said...

Beautiful cupcakes!!hughugs

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, that dressing table!

M ^..^

Cindra said...

I'm wishing those were real so I could have a couple or three!

Connie said...

I've been meaning for weeks to make some frosted cupcakes - faux of course, but haven't got around to it yet. I did make some fabric ones and they're cute but I love making the other "real looking" ones for displaying around the house, sweet cupcake....
Smoochies,
Connie

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,


Your faux cupcakes always make me hungry. LOL They are so pretty. That's a beautiful dressing table, reminds me of the one my Mom used to have. Hope you are having a great week!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your yummy cupcakes!! Yeah, I know...I know...I get the urge to create at all hours too.
Also, welcome back & Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog!! Hugs, Jannet

Miss Rhea said...

Gorgeous !!! Love the dresser too, it looks great !! :)

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hi there Shannon,
See I am getting good at this posting stuff,eh?
Not sure if theres a way for you to send messgae to me though???
Cuppies are too too cute..(no I am not stuttering just emphasising that they are cute!!)
I have tried my hand at some using athena8 latex moulds but would love to figure out how to do from scratch in the paper nut/candy cups.
May be able to then use them for pressies instead of always buying stuff for the sake of it!!
Anyway you need to post again soon...nedd a new Shannon fix of pink prettiness!!
Hey we got snow yesterday...Loooked like winter wonderland!!
Today though it's all gone and wet and green and sunny.
Cya-Kylie

Adla said...

Such sweetness those cakes are, the colours you've chosen to play with make my tummy rumble.Yum!

chat soon, Adla

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sweetie,
Your cupcakes are so very beautiful, you are so talented and that dressing table...ohhhh I love it!
Hugs,
Carol Anne