Wednesday 25 February 2009

KITCHEN MAKEOVER PART 2. Warning WET PAINT.

Okies girls just a quick lil update on the kitchen re-do.
A 'slight hiccup'has occurred so it looks like i may be waiting a while longer for my 'new' cupboards( i know, bummer dude). Soooo i guess we are lucky that im pretty handy dandy with a paint brush hey!

Today's mission: Start undercoating the cupboards....byeeee byeeee pink.



Now with 5 cats inside i really do have to pick and choose the time when i will top coat them....i don't really fancy little kitty katt hairs stuck to my gloss paint. Fuzzy n Fluffy isn't really the look im going for, LOL.

Oh and the hall tiles are all gone too. That hubby of mine, he is worth bottling i tell you :)
So now we have floorboards right through the house and im looooving them so much. Pulling out nails but...not loving that so much. But a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do in order to get her home all prettied up right?

Here's the very last spot of tiles. We had a moment of silence b4 Shane slammed those ugly suckers with the sledgehammer!


WooooHooo i am so glad to see the back of them!

Lots more to do...I'll be back in a few days with more progress to report on.
Before i go i have to share with you the MOST AWESOME swap i received from the lovely Fiona @ Mothers Cupboard.
Fiona and i were partners in my sweet friend Dolly's Vintage Heart Swap #2.

Here are the goodies i sent Fiona....


And lookie at this bundle of YUMMM and FROU FROU that she sent me !

Fiona you spoilt me! I loved everything so much! You knew exactly what to send me and even catered for my sweet tooth (my huge butt thanks you). LOL.

If you haven't popped by Fiona's blog yet, make sure you do. She is such a doll.


I'll leave you with some piccies from my home, of RAINDROPS ON ROSES AND WHISKERS ON KITTENS. See you soon!

Love n Kisses
Shann xxxx



14 comments:

Shabby Raggy Roses said...

Good luck with all that hard work with the flooring & kitchen. I'm sure it's going to be amazing! My kitchen wall tiles are the last thing for me to do in our house... Your blog is great, I've popped in a few times now to admire your work.
Best wishes,
Jenelle

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, it's going to be fabulous!!!! (and I bet my butts bigger than yours! :)

M ^..^

The Pink Poodle said...

OHH!! i would love to be doing something constructive like that..

soo glad those tiles have gone (no offence!)...

keep working girl...it is going to be worth the end result..which I cannot wait to see..

xx andrea

Vicki said...

wow Shann your powering through the kitchen reno!! when you finish you can come and do mine hahahaha... can't wait to see it finished lovely
xxxxx

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh you won't know yourself with those tiles gone...
It'l look lovely I am sure when all completed.

Anonymous said...

Well Shann no wonder you wanted ride of those old tiles.....can't wait to see what the whole kitchen looks like when you are finished.
Sarah xxx
P.S: Hope you gave that man of yours a bottle of amber ale for his efforts! He's doing a fab job.

Faye said...

EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GOOD.I KNOW IT IS HARD WORK,BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT IN THE END.HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Looking good!! cannot wait to see finished product!!

Anonymous said...

wow your kitchen is transformed already with just a lick of paint on the cupboards(and no kitty fur..lol)and I am looking for your vibe to get me ready for the inpending house move and decorating I will have to do, with the help of my lil kitty, lucky she doesnt have fur..hehe, just two toddler hands to get paint on lol. keep up the transformation, cant wait to see it finished.
xxxxx
love
tracey

Lucinda Obrien said...

You must be lovin those floorboards.What a transformation,even though it's hard work,every nail gets you closer to the end result.Well worth it.Cant wait to see the kitchen.Thanks for sharing it all with us,very exciting!!!
Lucinda x

Lori said...

shannon, Oh kitty is so sweet!! What you don't like hairy cupboards??LOL Gotta hand it to Shane, works safely like I do! Sandels and shorts! Oh I was so stinking mad today I made MYSELF cry!! Our stupid city sent people to trim trees and that were saw happy animals! I come home and my front try and trashed! Shannon, I was so pissed I about went nuts! I know the will trim the part over the street but the fools cut up my arch I was shapeing ove rthe sidewalk and the overhanging branches that shaded my lawn!! Oh I am so out for someones sap on Friday!! If I was home when they started cutting you would have heard me screaming in Aussie!!! those beaver headed kerks! Write soon! Love,Lori

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Unknown said...

It looks like you have a lot of lovely goodies from your swap partner! How pretty! You both treated each other to some very fun pretties!

Have fun getting the house done! Good for you! Can't wait to see it all done. :)

I'm sure you can't wait, either!

Aya said...

Adorable blog and adorable cats!!! I just started my adventure with blogging, and decorating and your blog is one of my inspirations. Thank you:)) Aya